Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dawn of a new day

Having been in the sales career path for many years, I decided to put down in words what the days comprise of. Partly as a lesson plan for future sales people, partly as a warning for those who are considering a future in sales (or a present). If you are considering this glorious profession, consider the following: You will be rejected...a lot. And I don't mean the "No thank you, I'm not interested, but I am thankful that you called" rejection. I'm talking the one where you've been in a five year relationship and you just find out your significant other has been sleeping around, and then one day says "You know what, based on my experience, even though the times we had were good and you took care of me...but I see that someone new has a better offer so, see ya!" You will have your hope crushed time and time again after being led around in circles, just to see your efforts in vain. There will even be times where you are so close to a sale that you can taste their bank account being added to your commission check, just to see things fall apart at the last minute. C'est la via...for such is sales. There is light at the end of the tunnel however for little is as fulfilling as someone who hates you and every thing your company stands for in the beginning of the call, but by the end they have signed up for everything you pitched. The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the spoken word beats the pen any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home