Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Art of Leaving Voicemails

I'm not sure about most people, but I get very bored leaving similar voice mails all the time. For better or worse (and to keep my sanity) I try to spice it up every once in a while. Does this help? Not really. Most voice mails are never returned...such is the fate of voice mails. So how do you leave a voice mail that guarantees a call back? You can't. That's the lesson here. There is no magic speech that will make sure client A calls you back. In order to know what would motivate client A you would need to hear client A speak. If you just hear "Please leave a message for #" then you really don't have any clues as to how to phrase your voice mail. On the flip side though if you hear a humorous one or a serious one, you can leave a voice mail in kind.

I've found that any "strategy" or "method" is never fool proof, it's just a numbers game. Statistically, if you leave enough voice mails you WILL get a call back (unless you curse someone out or something). The Art of Leaving voice mails is something I will post more about...if I ever find the Art myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home